Congratulations! Your WOW Factor is…
The Scene Stealer
You have special gifts and talents that can easily help you stand out in a crowded market. You naturally shine in any room you enter, which sets you up to shine on the big and small screen as well. Now, it’s just about creating cohesive marketing materials that showcase your potential.
- You understand the importance of branding and you’re ready to stand out.
- You’re serious about a career as a working actor. If you weren’t, you wouldn’t care so much about putting your best foot forward.
- With a bookable brand in place, you will feel more confident = be more consistent = be remembered.
- You KNOW you are a good actor, but your materials don’t yet represent your potential. With the right strategy, you can change that no matter how many credits you have.
POTENTIAL WEAK SPOTS
- Avoid the temptation to showcase a broad range of roles you could play. A confused mind says NO. So, if casting can’t tell exactly what to do with you right away, they’ll likely just pass you over altogether.
- A lot of actors create marketing materials that represent where they’ve been instead of where they’re going. When industry pros see your materials they just might put you in a box you’ve long outgrown.
- While you might understand the roles you’re right for, be sure you know how to communicate it in a memorable and concise way. If you can’t describe your Gold Medal Role in less than two sentences, it’s time to tighten up your tagline.
- Being busy isn’t the same as making an impact. You may be sending out newsletters or posting away on Instagram, but without a cohesive, standout package, you could end up wasting your time.
- There’s no such thing as an Oscar Gene. We were all born with the potential for success. So, if you ever worry that you aren’t [young, pretty, talented, tall, connected, interesting] enough, just remember that YOU aren’t missing anything other than information. Commit to learning effective strategies to fill your knowledge gap and you’ll be well on your way to your goals.
But first, allow me to introduce myself…
Actress, Member of the Emmy Nominating Committee,
Recurring Speaker for SAG-AFTRA,
and CEO of Career ACTivate
I’ve made so many mistakes along my journey to finding great reps. My very first agent scammed me. My first LA agent didn’t believe in email. I was working so HARD but not seeing the results I felt I deserved.
I know exactly how exhausting it feels to work so hard to sign with an agent, only to be disappointed by the lack of auditions they get you. And then you do the whole process again only to sign with ANOTHER rep that doesn’t quite get you and doesn’t know how to advocate for you.
Since working on the business side of the industry, I’ve learned exactly what it takes to attract an amazing team and the incredible career breakthroughs that happen as a result of the right partnership. It’s been over a decade since I felt I was “struggling” to get a great team because of the tools and strategies I’m empowered with. I’ve booked so many amazing projects as a result of the incredible reps I’ve partnered with. In fact, I’ve booked 4 TV shows in the last 6 months (including a recurring guest star on Jerry Bruckheimer’s critically acclaimed show HIGHTOWN).
I’m passionate about helping you along your journey because I believe TV shows and films transform the world and the more artists I support, the more good I’m doing for the world.
Your Custom Resources
Blog Posts Curated Just For You…